Saturday, June 27, 2009

Where Have All The Marshmallows Gone?


There was a time when dog food was not something I thought much about. It all tasted good to me. Then one day, my people gave me some new food that had these wonderful little round, tasty morsels. There was only about 1 of these tasty bits per 30 of the other stuff but I wish it had more. If you can imagine a bowl full of Lucky Charms. There is this whole bowl full of normal, average cereal, then every few spoonfuls, your mouths gets treated with the sweet tasty marshmallows.



Thats the way this dog food was for me, only, it got to where I craved the marshmallows and no longer wanted the cereal. I did my best to extract the good things from the bland rest which is no easy task...have you noticed my jowls? It was all I could think about. When the marshmallows were gone, I tried letting my people know I wanted more. They didn't understand. I would pat my bowl with my paw, my usual signal that I need more food, but they would see the bland, normal food in the bowl and ignore my request. They aren't as smart as I would like them to be sometimes.


I often had to resort to eating the bland cereal when I got hungry enough but I loved it when they would fill my bowl with a new batch, with marshmallows.


Then, there were no more.


I haven't had a marshmallow for a long time now. I've gotten used to eating the bland cereal again with no problems but at night, I still dream about marshmallows.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sounds like a rough life, Chico! Sorry you had to scratch up the screen after your vacation, too.

Locations of visitors to this page